my passion doesn't have to be my day job

♥ 22.08.11 

Breathe kiddo. Now smile :)

My career and passion has been on my mind for so long and I keep getting frustrated with it and I don't know why I haven't been able to ACT and mould my artistic talent into a career. You see - I want to do what I love but I want to be able to do it for the "love" of it and not to "make ends meet". I have realised (thanks to a little wake up call blog entry from Tara Stiles) that I don't have to push at my passion to make it my career.

Sometimes it can taint it and make it a tedious chore instead of being a relaxing, meditative, enjoyment and pure pleasure. Having the pressure to make money from what I love makes me hate doing it. I really don't want it to be like that. I want to do it because I love it and keep my day job to make money and then pursue my passion on the side because I LOVE IT. I want to look forward to it and not dread it and feel like I "have" to do it. I want it to flow naturally and be an escape from the physical world rather than a job that I do so that I can buy material things.

So the pressure has lifted and it feels magical and light and perfect. I'm not saying that it wont ever be a way for me to make money but I want that side of it to happen naturally. I want to do it because I love it and when I feel like doing it and if eventually people want me to keep going it and want to pay me for it then hooray :) but I won't shape WHAT I do so that I can bring in the cashola. I will keep my job, be the best I can at it and be helpful and happy and positive and then spend time doing things that I love outside work.

I will keep reading slowly and learning at my own pace, taking photos when I feel the need to capture something beautiful, writing how I feel and what I've learnt, listening to music that makes my insides smile, filming and being in touch with other artists when the feeling is right and posting on my blog when I have something to share.

No pressure.

This doesn't mean just hold a crappy day job and deal with it and face that you'll never make money from your passion. It means be grateful for your day job and always continue to do the things you love on the side and let them evolve and bloom and flourish and grow and smile and just see what happens.

Just see what happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment